Making Of 'The Lantern'/制作“灯笼”
翻译by:yipinsucai.com
By Khadyko Vladimir
作者:Khadyko Vladimir
Software used:3ds Max
使用软件:3ds max

Hello everybody!
大家好!
My name is Khadyko Vladimir and in this article I will be explaining the steps I took to create my image called Lantern.
我的名字是Khadyko Vladimir。在本文中,我将解释我创建名为灯笼的图像的过程。
I started this image by simply looking for a nice reference image on the internet of something that I felt I wanted to model.
我开始这个图像通过在网上寻找一个不错的参考图片开始,找一个我喜欢的模型。
I found a great image of a lantern, but the picture was taken in the daytime.
我发现了一个不错的的灯笼,但这张照片摄于白天。
I wanted to change that in my image and show the lantern in the evening as I felt that this would be a much more interesting image.
我想改变这个灯到夜景里,我觉得这将是一个更加有趣的图像。
The lantern was modeled in 3ds Max, but I also used V-Ray, ZBrush, Photoshop and After Effects.
建模的灯笼是在3ds Max里,但我也用V-Ray, ZBrush, Photoshop 和 After Effects。
The model of the lantern itself was rather simple, so rather than explain the whole process I will show you how it looked when I had modeled it (Fig.01 – 02).
该模型的灯笼本身是相当简单的,因此不会解释整个制作过程,我将只向您展示如何建模(图01 - 02)。

Fig.01

Fig.02
The welding that is visible on the model was created using a combination of a few modifiers applied on the rectangular spline.
创建一些修改器应用于矩形上导致接缝是可见的在模型的结合处。
By using the Sweep option and a gradient ramp in the displacement slot, I was able to achieve a wavy look (Fig.03).
通过使用Sweep选项和一个gradient ramp在置换,我能够实现一个波浪效果(图03)。
I customized this so that the effect could be tiled in the necessary areas.
我定制这些可以让效果平铺在我想要的区域。
I also used some noise to give it a more random look.
我还使用一些噪波让它看起来更加随机。

Fig.03
The spider's web was pretty tricky to achieve.
蜘蛛的网非常难以实现。
It was created on a plane (Fig.04).
它是建立在一个平面上的(图04)。
I used V-Ray dirt as the material for the lantern, as you can see in Fig.05.
我用V-Ray dirt为材料制作灯笼,见图5。
The spider's web's plane seemed to create a line of dirt where it crossed the lamp and I couldn't correct this by playing with the exclude/include settings.
蜘蛛的网的平面似乎创建一行污垢效果在它交叉灯的时候,我无法纠正这种效果通过排除/包括设置。
My idea was to solve this by minimizing the intersection area, which seemed to work.
我的解决方法是减小这个交叉区域的面积,这似乎是可行的。
I also applied a V-Ray displacement mod to this plane at - 0.5mm (the high map and opacity are the same textures).
我也应用了V-Ray displacement修改器给这个平面大约- 0.5毫米(高度贴图和不透明贴图是相同的纹理)。
This did a great job here because it shows the volume on the thin detail, but also shows a nice, subtle highlight.
这是一个不错的工作到此为止,因为它展示出体积感和薄的细节,也展示出了一个微妙的厚度。

Fig.04

Fig.05
For the background I used some references from cgtextures.com and quickly modeled two buildings, which you can see in Fig.04.
背景我从cgtextures.com找到一些参考并快速建模了两栋建筑,您可以看到在图04。
In the final image you can only see a small part of the buildings as I changed the focal length of the camera from 25 to 50, meaning the background was blurred as it looked in original reference image.
在最后的图像,你只能看到一小部分建筑,我改变了相机的焦距在25到50mm,这意味着背景是模糊的,它看起来在原始参考图像里一样。
The bugs help to bring the image to life.
这个昆虫有助于让图像有生机。
I wanted to make them big, but not look ugly and awful.
我想让他们比较大,但是不要看上去丑陋和可怕的。
I made two types of bug; one with open wings and the other with closed.
我做了两种类型的昆虫;一个张开的翅膀,其他的合上翅膀。
The first of the two bugs was rigged so it could be posed or animated.
第一个昆虫做了动作,所以它可以摆造型或者做成动画。
I then created five variations of the bug, meaning that I could add them to the image and make minor changes to them such as twisting them to make them look unique.
然后我创建了五个变体的虫子,这意味着我可以将它们添加到图像获得微小的变化,他们如旋转它们,使它们看起来是独一无二的。
The final step was to add some Motion Blur, which was created using the V-Ray physical camera as I feel this looks better than when it is done in post-production.
最后一步是添加一些动态模糊,这是创建使用V-Ray物理的相机,我觉得这看起来比后期制作效果要好。
As you will see in Fig.05, I used Blendmat as the base for the different materials used.
您将看到图5中,我使用混合材质为基础调节不同的材料。
The first of the two metals was a black metal covered in rust.
第一个金属是一个黑色的金属覆盖着锈。
The second material was much lighter than the first and was used to create the effect of dust.
第二个材料是比第一个更亮,使用它来创建尘埃效果。
A Falloff map with a world Z-axis direction was used as a blending mask, and I blended the black and light metal textures using the Invert Normal function in the vraydirt map options.
一个Falloff贴图,z轴方向衰减,是用作混合遮罩,我混合黑色和亮金属材质使用vraydirt地贴选项里的翻转法线功能。
It gives a very subtle effect, but it really helps to make objects look real.
它给出了一个非常微妙的影响,但它确实有助于使物体看起来是真实的。
Then it was time to move into ZBrush.
然后是进入ZBrush。
This is a great and powerful tool, and it helped me to achieve nice detail on the wall (Fig.06).
这是一个伟大的和强大的工具,它帮助我达到不错的细节在墙上(图6)。
To do this a base object was created and unwrapped in 3ds Max.
这一基本对象是在3ds Max创建的。
In Photoshop I created a diffuse texture and based on it a black and white map that was used as a mask for sculpting (Fig.07).
在Photoshop我创建了一个表面贴图,基于这一个贴图我做了一个黑白贴图,用作雕刻时的蒙版(图7)。
In ZBrush I applied this map, made a mask and, with the Standard brush, sculpted the detail.
在ZBrush里我赋予了这张贴图,做一个遮罩,用一个标准刷雕刻细节。
This technique gave me more control over the level of displacement and was really easy to use.
这种技术给了我更多的控制在置换效果上,真的很容易使用。

Fig.06

Fig.07
The Claytubes brush was the best way to make all the dents and small details on the concrete (Fig.08).
这个Claytubes笔刷是最好的方法来制作在混凝土上的凹陷和小细节(图08)。
The next step was to bake a Displacement and Cavity map, which I put over the Diffuse map with opacity of 15 – 20%.
下一个步骤是烘焙一张置换和Cavity贴图,我把漫射贴图的不透明度降到15 - 20%。

Fig. 08
Everyone knows how birds love things like cornices, balconies and, of course, street lamps!
每个人都知道鸟类喜爱诸如飞檐,阳台,当然包括路灯!
They like to use these places a little like a public toilet!
他们喜欢用这些地方有点像一个公共厕所!
Because of this I decided to add some of this kind of detail on the lantern for more realism (Fig.09).
正因为如此,我决定加入一些这类细节让灯笼获得更多真实的效果(图09)。

Fig.09
For this task I used ZBrush.
对于这个任务我使用ZBrush。
Two subtools were created, but I offset the second one with a negative value in the Deformation tab of the Tool palette.
创建了两个subtools,但是我偏移了第二个用一个负值在变形选项的工具调色板上。
With the Standard brush I started to paint some smudges and add more detail to them so they could be placed in different areas and look unique.
用标准笔刷我开始画一些污迹和添加更多的细节,以便他们可以放置在不同的领域并看起来独一无二的。
I also applied some surface noise.
我还使用了一些表面噪波。
One of the lower subdivision levels was exported, unwrapped and returned to ZBrush so I could bake Displacement and Cavity maps.
低水平的细分模型被导出,展开UV,再回到ZBrush所以我可以轻而易举地烘焙出置换和Cavity贴图。
For the material I used a Vraymat with the base settings and a Cavity map in the diffuse slot, but in the render it looked very dark.
我用Vray材质的基础设置和一个Cavity贴图在diffuse通道,但在渲染后它看起来很暗。
Blending this material with a vraylightmat solved this problem.
用一个vraylightmat混合材质解决了这个问题。
For the environment lighting I used a HDRI that gave a nice blue color to the scene.
环境照明我使用一个HDRI,给了一个漂亮的蓝色到场景里。
All the other lights were yellow with some variations.
所有其他的灯是黄色的并给一些变化。
The background was lit with two spherical V-Ray lights.
背景是两个球面V-Ray灯。
The windows were planes with vraylightmaps on them.
窗户是平面上用vraylightmaps。
Only the upper left room had a light sphere inside it.
只有左上方的房间有一个光球在里面。
For the lantern I used three different light sources (Fig.10).
我使用三个不同的光源在灯笼上(图10)。
The main task was to avoid over-burning the lantern's interior.
主要任务是避免灯的内部曝光。
A V-Ray light sphere was placed inside the light bulb and only affected the bulb's glass, which had a dirt mask in its refraction and glossy slots.
一个V-Ray球灯被放置在灯泡设置成只影响灯泡的玻璃,它有一个污渍遮罩在其折射和高光通道。
I then used omni lights for the light on the environment around the lantern.
然后我使用泛光灯的灯光照亮灯笼周围的环境。
This made the lighting very easy to control.
这使得灯光很容易控制。

Fig.10
All of the post-processing was done in After Effects because I really like the Replace Footage function.
所有的后期处理都是在After Effects完成的,因为我真的喜欢Replace Footage功能。
It's much easier to re-apply all of the effects to an updated render than to do it all over again in Photoshop if you find something you want to change.
这是更容易重新应用所有的效果到一个更新的渲染上,不像在Photoshop中如果你发现一些你想要改变的就要重新做一遍。
Everything I did was pretty regular; contrast adjusting, color correction, some glow and adding depth of field.
我所做的一切都是相当规律;对比调整,色彩校正,一些发光和增加景深。
I hope that you have found this interesting.
我希望你已经发现这很有趣。

Fig. 11

本站首发,永久链接:https://www.yipinsucai.com/thread-19242-1-1.html
收藏0 0 反对0
分享
  • 猜您喜欢
  • 热门素材
  • 下载排行
  • 最新资源

微信订阅号

Copyright   ©2012-2021  一品教程论坛技术支持:一品素材教程网  站点帮助   ( 蜀ICP备17010416号-1 )|网站地图 | 站点地图| 网站地图 | 网站地图