• 人       气:549
  • 回复数量:0
发新帖
Creating the Celeritas - Chapter 1
制作剃刀战舰 - 第一部分
作者: Mike Hill
使用软件:3ds Max
翻译by:yipinsucai.com

This article is designed to show the general workflow for developing  ideas and designs for a spaceship. In a normal commercial project the  contextual requirements would be the starting points for the design. In  this case I was given completely free reign, with no requirements other  than make a "cool” space ship.
本文的目的就是要展示开发和设计一艘宇宙飞船的一般工作流。在一个正常的商业项目上需求将是从设计开始。在这种情况下我得到完全自由的设计控制,没有任何要求除了做一个“酷”的宇宙飞船。
With this in mind, I tried to just explore lots of different shapes and design options.
带着这种想法,我试图探索各种不同的形状和设计功能。
I started by first going completely crazy with thumbnail sketches  (Fig.01). This stage can happen in a sketchbook or directly into  Photoshop, but in the end it always goes into Photoshop, meaning that if  you have sketched it on paper it should be scanned in.
我首先要绘制完全疯狂的草图(图1)。这个阶段可以发生在一个速写本或直接在Photoshop中绘制,但最终它总是要回到Photoshop中,这意味着如果你在纸上勾勒出它的话最后应该扫描出来。

Fig. 01
In these early stages there are a few techniques that can be very useful  in Photoshop to help you to create interesting concepts that you may  not have thought of. For example taking elements from photos, and then  cropping and reshaping them, is a great way to obtain original and  interesting features.
在这些早期阶段有一些技巧可以在Photoshop中是非常有用的来帮助你创造出有趣的概念,你可能没有想到。例如从照片里获得元素,然后移植和重塑它们,是一个伟大的方式来获取原始的和有趣的特性。
Another great way of exploring your concepts in Photoshop is by flipping  the contents of the layers on their horizontal and vertical  orientations. Again this can sometimes open up a fresh idea that you may  not have intended. The Flip tool is one that is used regularly to  generate new and original concepts, but this can also be used together  with our cropped and adjusted designs. You can see all of these  techniques and how the can be used to create a previously color of  concept in Fig.02.
另一个很好的在Photoshop里探索你们的概念的方式是在水平和垂直方向转换层的内容。这有时会获得一个新的想法你可能之前没有料想到的。Flip工具是一个经常使用生成新的和原始的概念的工具,这也可以与我们的剪裁和调整工具一起使用。你可以看到创建一个颜色概念图的步骤在图2里。

Fig.02
This is perhaps something that 3D artists may be familiar with, as the  same principle applies to 3D techniques. Many of you will take some  basic geometry and play with modifiers such as Stretch, Taper, Bend,  Twist and Spherize to generate something original (Fig.03). It is the  same principle in Photoshop.
这或许是一些3d艺术家熟悉的,同样的原则也适用于3d技术。你们中许多人需要用一些基本的几何和修改器如拉伸、锥、弯曲、扭转和球面化生成一些原始部件(图03)。这是同样的原理在Photoshop里。

Fig.03
Again you can do the same in 3D as you would in Photoshop. You can put some of the geometry together into certain configurations, and you will find that all sorts of ideas can take shape very quickly!
再次你可以做相同的3d工作就像你在Photoshop里做的。你可以把一些几何体做成成特定的组合,你会发现各种各样的想法可以成形在很短的时间里!
In Fig.03 you will see that by only using cylinders and spheres you can generate ideas such as these in a matter of minutes. With time and experimentations, interesting shapes can come about really quickly!
你将可以看到在图03里仅用圆柱和球体可以产生这样的想法在几分钟内。随着时间的推移和实验,得到有趣的形状是真的很快的!
If you go back now to the thumbnails that I've been playing with in Photoshop we can look at the designs and check to see if they fulfil basic design requirements. Firstly, does the design stand out as recognisable on the very first viewing? This should be clear even on the thumbnail. Is the design clear and understandable, even from a distance? Consistent forms: does the design have a consistency in the language of the shapes... or if it doesn't have consistency, does the contrast of different shape language contribute to the design, or make it look silly?
如果你现在回去到缩略图,就是我一直在Photoshop中的草稿,我们可以看看设计,看看他们基本的设计要求。首先,设计会一眼看到就会脱颖而出成为家喻户晓的吗?这应该是清楚即使在缩略图阶段。设计是清晰和可以理解的,甚至从远处看吗?一致的形式:做设计有一个一致性的造型语言……或者如果它没有一致性,对比不同的造型语言有助于设计吗?或使它看起来很傻?
With these specifications in mind I found designs 20, 25 and 27 the most interesting visually! This is a very quick and easy process that can be done in Photoshop without even touching any 3D programs.
套用这些规范我发现设计20、25和27是最有趣的视觉效果!这是一个非常快速和容易的过程,可以用Photoshop作甚至没有接触任何3d程序。
We use several ways of approaching the next stages at the concept design studio I work for, Karakter. In this instance I have utilized 3D. This is in order to show that it is not just 2D artists who can be involved with the design process.
我们使用几种方式接近第二阶段在概念设计工作室。在这个实例中我使用3d。这是为了表明,它不仅是2 d艺术家们可以参与到设计过程。
The thumbnail stage shows important design elements and is a great way to create concepts quickly and is all in all a great starting point. However it does have a downfall; it cannot show depth or volume! A few very rough 3D blockouts of my favourite designs allowed me to see the potential of the 2D designs in 3D space (Fig.04). There are several reasons why this is a really beneficial method of working.
缩略草图阶段展示重要的设计元素,是一种很好的方式来快速创建概念,总之是一个良好的起点。然而它确实有一个弱点;它不能显示深度或体积!一些非常粗糙的我最喜欢的设计3d 草图允许我看到潜在的2d设计在3d空间(图04)。有几个理由这是一个非常有益的工作方法。

Fig.04
Firstly, the designer gets the opportunity to understand the proportions from all angles. Sometimes a profile view can look great in 2D, but won't make sense when viewed from a variety of angles. By doing a 3D mock up version, it allows the designer to connect all the elements of the concept together into a cohesive design.
首先,设计师也有机会了解从所有角度的比例。有时一个概要视图可以在2 d看起来很棒,但当从各种不同的角度不会有意义。通过做一个3d模型的版本,它可以让设计师连接所有元素在一起,成了一个有凝聚力的设计。
From the blockouts I felt that design 27 was the most interesting visually. I took the basic Ambient Occlusion render and then focused on getting together a selection of reference. Collecting references is very important when getting a feel for the aesthetic of the design, and providing a direction for development. 3DTotal have great texture and reference library which can be found at: http://freetextures.3dtotal.com.
从草图里我觉得设计27是最有趣的。我用基本环境闭塞渲染,然后集中在一起做一个选择的参考。收集引用是很重要的,感受一下审美的设计,并提供一个方向发展。3dtotal有不错的纹理和参考库:http://freetextures.3dtotal.com
The references are there to give ideas for materials, construction methods, technology, colors! All the little bits and pieces that will make a design come together. These references can be used in Photoshop at the concept stage, as they can be cropped, warped and adjusted to help develop ideas.
参考对于材料、施工方法、技术、颜色很有用!所有的小零件使设计聚在一起。这些参考可以用在Photoshop绘制概念阶段,因为他们可以裁切,扭曲和调整,以获得设计的想法。
Orthographic projections can then be taken of the design to give the modeler a rough but accurate base for a model (Fig.05)! This step allows the concept artist to guarantee that the modeling stage will have solid foundations, which is very important as every concept artist wants to see his concept developed to its full potential.
正交法的观察可以把设计给模型师整体并准确的观察一个模型(图5)!这个步骤允许概念艺术家来保证建模阶段将有坚实的基础,这是非常重要的,因为每一个概念艺术家希望看到他的概念设计的全部潜力。

Fig. 05
Then using a mixture of hand painting and photo overlays I attempted to breathe a little life into the design (Fig.06)! The concept is generally kept rough as good modelers can often bring their own interpretations to a design, which are more informed when working with a developed model. At the end of this process you will have a great base to work from (Fig.07)!
然后混合使用手绘和照片,我试图让设计获得生命(图6)!这个概念是大概的粗糙的,好的建模者常能使自己的理解来设计,这是更明智的在处理一个正在开发的模型。在这个过程结束的时候你将拥有一个美好的工作的基础(图7)!

Fig. 06

Fig.07
翻译by:yipinsucai.com

本站首发,永久链接:https://www.yipinsucai.com/thread-19269-1-1.html
收藏0 0 反对0
分享
  • 猜您喜欢
  • 热门素材
  • 下载排行
  • 最新资源

微信订阅号

Copyright   ©2012-2021  一品教程论坛技术支持:一品素材教程网  站点帮助   ( 蜀ICP备17010416号-1 )|网站地图 | 站点地图| 网站地图 | 网站地图