Making Of 'The Marauder'/制作'掠夺者'
By Casper Thomsen
作者:Casper Thomsen
Software used/使用软件:
3ds Max, V-Ray
翻译by: yipinsucai.com
klpnjkby1mw23896.jpg
Introduction/介绍
In this Making Of I will share some of the general concepts, ideas and  problems I had throughout the project and hopefully inspire you to  undertake large projects in order to push your own skills. The Marauder  was a school project and because of that I had to meet a deadline.  Looking back now on the whole process, there's some things I would do  differently now, but more on that later on.
在这篇教程里我将分享一些主要概念、想法和问题我在整个项目里遇到的,希望帮助你承担大的项目,以推动你自己的技能。掠夺者是一个教学项目,因此我必须满足一个最后期限。现在回想起来在整个过程中,有一些事情现在做应当会有所不同了,但更多的在完成之后。
Idea/想法
The basic idea behind this project was to strengthen my portfolio while  pushing me in a direction I haven't done before. I've always loved the  Blizzard games and cinematics and it's my dream to one day work on their  cinematic team, so I made the decision to try and focus my effort to  create something they might use in a cinematic. In the end I chose to do  the Marauder unit from Starcraft 2 since I thought the design was  recognizable and different from your standard robot suit soldier.
这个项目背后的基本想法是为了充实我的作品集的同时推动我在另一个方向我还没有做过的。我一直钟爱暴雪游戏和动画,我梦想有一天为他们的电影团队工作,所以我决定试着集中努力创造一些他们可能使用在一个电影里的东西。最后我选择制作一个掠夺者起源于星际争霸2,因为我认为它的设计是清晰的,不同于普通的机器人士兵。
Reference Images/参考图片
After I'd decided I wanted to make a Marauder unit, I started gathering  reference images from all around the net. I first found all the concept  and fan art of the Marauder I could; I even scanned my Starcraft 2 art  book in order to get an idea about how this guy actually looks from all  angles. I opened the cinematic in-game model in the Starcraft 2 map  editor and had a look around and took some screenshots of it. I also  collected different kind of mechanical references from nearly everything  I could find. Here's a little preview of some of the 252 images I had  in total (Fig.01).
在我决定我想做一个掠夺者单位以后,我开始收集参考图片从全世界所有的网络上。我首先尽量搜集所有的概念和粉丝设计的掠夺者,我甚至扫描我的星际争霸2美术书为了更了解这家伙,从所有角度来研究它。我打开电影游戏模型在星际争霸2的地图编辑器,从四周各个角度观察它,把它屏幕截图。我也收集了不同类型的机械从几乎所有我能找到的地方。这里有一个小的预览图像的,我一共搜集了252张(图1)。
qn4yl3faukq24901.jpg
Fig. 01
The 3D Process/3d过程
Now for the fun part! I'm a firm believer in doing a block-out of all my  models before going into the hardcore sub-d modeling. The block-out  serves as a template for my high-res geometry later on and also enables  me to check out the silhouette and proportions of my model. Keeping the  block-out geometry simple will allow you to quickly alter everything  without problems (Fig.02).
好玩的部分来了!我做一个粗扩的模型在细化建模之前。这个粗模作为高分辨率的模板,还可以让我查看我的模型的轮廓和比例。保持粗模几何体简单化将允许您快速地修改一切(图2)。
kmssesu4jgs24903.jpg
Fig. 02
When I was satisfied with my block-out, I went on to create my high-res  geometry by isolating different parts of the block-out and started  working on making them look great. Usually I was able to use the mesh my  block-out was made of, but in some cases I had to recreate it in order  to get the right topology so my mesh would smooth perfectly without  creases. I used a lot of different modifiers to make my job easier when I  was making some of the more advanced shapes. Bend, Shell, Turbosmooth  and FDD were used on nearly all objects. For the modeling I used simple  box modeling and the graphite modeling tools (particular the Swift Loop  tool) to create all the geometry (Fig.03 – 07).
我很满意我的粗模,我继续创建我的高分辨率模型通过单独显示粗模的不同部分,开始致力于使它们看起来更细致。通常我能够使用我的粗模进行加工,但在某些情况下我不得不重新创建它为了获得正确的拓扑,所以我的网格必须完全平滑没有皱纹。我用很多不同的修改器来让我的工作更容易当我在做的一些高级的形状的时候。弯曲,壳,涡轮平滑和FDD被用在几乎所有的对象上。我使用box建模和石墨建模工具(尤其是快速循环工具)来创建所有的模型(图03 - 07)。
i3l3t05f0b225906.jpg
Fig. 03
za2xdivwpsz27912.jpg
Fig. 04
l10ucnzccxz30922.jpg
Fig. 05
cdtl0jscvdm33932.jpg
Fig. 06
s55i0do24i236935.jpg
Fig. 07
To add some interest to my final picture, I also decided to create some  of the small scale details that you expect to see in a Blizzard  cinematic (Fig.08 – 09).
添加一些有趣的东西在最后,我也决定创建一些小的细节,你希望看到在暴风雪中电影里的效果(图08 - 09)。
2gifwcdjqjs37937.jpg
Fig. 08
goxb32j0ozz39941.jpg
Fig. 09
When everything was modeled and checked, I did (due to time constraints)  a quick material render with V-Ray (Fig.10) so I could finish the  project inside Photoshop in time for the deadline. To assist me inside  Photoshop, I also rendered out some multi-mattes using the Multi-matte  render element (Fig.11).
当一切都是建模好并检查后,我做了(由于时间限制)快速材质和渲染用vray(图10),那么我可以完成这个项目在Photoshop里在最后期限之前。协助我在Photoshop里工作,我也渲染出出一些 Multi-matte的渲染元素(图11)。
pryrv45tcom41945.jpg
Fig. 10
vhy4si04n5z42965.jpg
Fig. 11
Post-Production/后期:
With my render done, I started out by making general changes to the  color of my materials and slowly started to add dirt to the different  parts. I used different dirt images I found on websites like CGTextures  or in my Total Textures collection and used the different layer blending  modes to overlay them on top of my render. I used my Wacom tablet with a  Grunge brush to mask out some of the areas in order to create some  diversity (Fig.11).
当我的渲染完成,我开始通过改变颜色并慢慢开始添加污垢效果在的不同部分。我用不同的污垢图片我网站上找到的像CGTextures或在 Total Textures收集的,使用不同的层混合模式为叠加在我的渲染上。我用我的Wacom平板电脑与一个蹩脚的笔刷mask了一些地区为了创建一些多样性(图11)。

Fig. 11
For all the scratches I made a new adjustment layer that was masked to  only affect the red metal and desaturated it so the metal became white  and blank. I then made a layer mask and filled it with black so I could  paint my scratches in the mask. This allowed me to work in a  non-destructive manner and delete some of the scratches I didn't want.
对于所有的划痕我做了一个新调整层,掩盖了只影响这种红色金属,减小饱和度所以金属成为白色和黑色。然后我做了一个图层蒙版,里面填满了黑色,所以我可以在蒙版里绘制修改划痕。这允许我工作在一个非破坏性的方式,删除一些刮痕我不想要的。
I created a custom brush that had a very noisy border and made the size  of the brush react to how hard I was pressing down the pen on my tablet.  I then started to paint all the scratches and edges. To create a sense  of thickness to my metal paint, I gave my scratch layer a little drop  shadow with a distance of 0 to create a faked Ambient Occlusion and make  it look like the scratches actually peeled away some of the paint and  exposed the metal underneath (Fig.12).
我创建了一个自定义笔刷,它有一个非常不平整的边界,使画笔的大小对应于我压下压感笔的力道在我的平板电脑上。然后我开始绘制所有的划痕和边缘。为了创建金属颜料的厚度感,我给我的划痕层有点阴影,距离0创建一个模拟的环境闭塞,让它看起来像划痕实际上挖走一些油漆暴露了下面的金属(图12)。
ovbzznib55d44966.jpg
Fig. 12
The decals were first created inside Photoshop (Fig.13), then UVW mapped  onto the model inside 3ds Max and then rendered where the entire model  is black and the decals are white. This allowed me to quickly overlay  them inside Photoshop using the Screen Layer blending mode. I then  created a layer mask and used my scratch brush to chip some of it away.
贴花纸一开始是在Photoshop里创建的(图13),然后UVW映射到模型在3dsMax里,然后渲染出来,在整个模型是黑色,图案是白色的。这允许我在Photoshop里用屏幕层混合模式可以快速叠加出效果。然后我创建了一个图层蒙版,用我的钢丝笔刷刷出一些碎屑感。
n3jufeoi3fy45967.jpg
Fig. 13
I made some adjustments to the lighting using a classic warm/cold  combination where the warm color comes in from the left and then turns  into a cold color on the rim light on the right. This makes the image a  bit more dramatic and also was a great supplement to the red metal of  the Marauder.
我做了一些光线调整使用经典的温暖/冷组合,温暖的颜色来自左边,然后变成一个寒冷的颜色在右边。这使图像更加引人注目,也是一个不错的补充对于这种红色金属的掠夺者。
I made the eyes and armor glow by first filling them with a white color  and using Gaussian Blur to make the glow effect. I then came in with a  soft brush and painted first a very orange glow around it and then a  dark red to create the effect that the light is actually hot. This also  meant I had to paint light on some of the edges that my fake light would  hit (Fig.14).
我制作眼睛和装甲辉光效果。首先填满一个白色的颜色,使用高斯模糊,做出发光效果。然后我用一个软的笔刷画,然后画一个橙色辉光围绕它,然后一个深红色来创建效果,让人感觉光实际上是热的。这也意味着我不得不漆光一些模型边缘,好让我的假光反射在物体边缘(图14)。
n35pcyedum246968.jpg
Fig. 14
I also used the Dodge tool to create highlights on the tubes that are  connected to his chest and weapons in order to help them differentiate  from the dark colors behind them. This also added some more interest and  helped show the diamond pattern (Fig.15).
我还使用减淡工具创建管道上的高光,管道是连接他的胸部和武器的,高光可以帮助他们从黑色的颜色上区分出来。这也增加了一些更多的有趣的菱形图案(图15)。
c1ibs1cniie47969.jpg
Fig. 15
The background was made using some different grunge layers I found on  the CGTextures website and the same goes for the smoke coming from the  canons. After the background was done, I made some last minute color  corrections and added a vignette and called the project done (Fig.16).
背景使用一些不同的油渍层,我在CGTextures网站找到的,同样也找到来自枪管的烟。完成后的背景,我做了一些最后的颜色修正和增加了一个小暗角,项目就完成了(图16)。
enwq0yopw1c47970.jpg
Fig. 16
To sum the project up, it was a great ride. I learned so much and the  project resulted in something I'm very proud of. The reception of the  image on the internet has been astonishing, and the acceptance into the  3DTotal galleries was mind-blowing and has been a great motivation ever  since.
项目的总结,它是一个很好的历程。我学到了很多,项目的结果使我非常自豪。在互联网上的图片已经让人惊讶,收入到3dtotal画廊是令人兴奋的,一直是我的一个愿望。
I hope you enjoyed reading this Making Of and if you have any question  regarding the project, feel free to email me and I'll try to respond as  fast as I can.
我希望你喜欢这篇制作,如果你有任何问题关于这个项目,随时给我发电子邮件,我将尝试尽快地回应。
原文来源:http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?roPos=1&catDisplay=1&id=1035#.UDV2UKP9W-ounfaithful wife infidelity signs how to cheat with a
本站首发,永久链接:https://www.yipinsucai.com/thread-19274-1-1.html

精彩评论 59

南乔 发表于 2016-2-17 19:32:34 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享
小小屋 发表于 2016-2-18 18:52:43 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享
那只是分离 发表于 2016-2-28 17:44:38 | 显示全部楼层
不错~ 谢谢分享!
yusa 发表于 2016-3-12 22:33:55 | 显示全部楼层
学习
和国际法 发表于 2016-3-14 10:45:53 | 显示全部楼层

sem

sem 发表于 2016-3-18 11:25:51 | 显示全部楼层

sem

sem 发表于 2016-3-18 11:27:02 | 显示全部楼层
哇哇哇
nizabushangtian 发表于 2016-3-29 19:37:10 | 显示全部楼层
看看
卜飞飞 发表于 2016-4-8 00:21:14 | 显示全部楼层
youyijian 发表于 2016-4-18 15:59:16 | 显示全部楼层
不错,非常棒!
FANXIUJIAN 发表于 2016-4-23 17:03:12 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢
莫黎 发表于 2016-5-24 13:12:39 | 显示全部楼层
宇智波老鼠 发表于 2016-5-27 21:23:19 | 显示全部楼层
是否真是的发
宇智波老鼠 发表于 2016-5-27 21:47:15 | 显示全部楼层
宇智波老鼠 发表于 2016-5-28 19:30:04 | 显示全部楼层
的顶顶顶顶顶
Lynn_Su 发表于 2016-6-1 18:43:07 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主
刘绍宝 发表于 2016-6-8 13:09:18 | 显示全部楼层
好东西
刘绍宝 发表于 2016-6-8 13:11:59 | 显示全部楼层
好东西 要收藏
这名字没人吧 发表于 2016-6-19 00:01:04 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢楼主分享
  • 猜您喜欢
  • 热门素材
  • 下载排行
  • 最新资源

微信订阅号

Copyright   ©2012-2021  一品教程论坛技术支持:一品素材教程网  站点帮助   ( 蜀ICP备17010416号-1 )|网站地图 | 站点地图| 网站地图 | 网站地图